Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Welcome To My Blog – Birthday Celebration Shaker Card

Hi everyone! Welcome to my first blog ever. I’ve been doing scrapbook and cardmaking projects as a hobby for a few years. I really enjoyed reading many blogs to learn new techniques and get new inspiration for my own projects. So I decided to create this blog to document and share my cardmaking, scrapbooking, and other papercraft projects. I think this will be totally new experience for me and I hope everyone enjoys my blog.

Today I would like to start my first post with a birthday card I made for my dear friend. I’m practicing distress ink coloring technique. So I selected Magnolia Celebration Tilda stamp from Sweet Crazy Love 2012 Collection for this project. I think Celebration Tilda is perfect for shaker card and it looks like Tilda is wearing pajamas. So I created night scene and stars to match this stamp.


Materials:
  • Magnolia “Celebration Tilda” stamp
  • Tiddly Inks “Cat Fever” clear stamp
  • Lawn Fawn “Puffy Star Stackables” Dies – Used biggest size for shaker window
  • Die-Versions “Little Lizzie” die font – Die cut on pattern stamped pink cardstock to make a sentiment
  • Memory Box “Banner Parade” – Used stars for decoration
  • Stars Punch – Punched on gold metallic paper for shaker
  • My Favorite Things “Stargaze” stencils – Used with “Tumbled Glass” distress ink for background
  • Ranger Stickles “Star Dust”

All stamped images were colored with distress ink. The night sky scene was also created with distress ink “Tumbled Glass”, “Salty Ocean”, and “Black Soot”.

Here it is when shaking…

Magnolia Celebration Tilda

I entered this card to these challenges:


Thanks for stopping by. I hope to see you again soon.

12 comments:

  1. Your card is adorable! I love that giant star shaker with Tilda sitting in the star! Great card and good luck with your new Blogging adventure! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #15!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous CAS card, a lovely design and lovely colours.........a beautifully coloured cute Tilda and gorgeous details!!
    Welcome to blogging and well done with your first post!!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun card. Love the night scene you've created. Thanks for joining us at http://7kidschallengeblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute shaker! Thank you so much for playing along with us this week over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your shaker card is fabulous!! Thank you for playing in our challenge at www.7kidscollegefund.com. Hugs, Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to blogland!! What a great card and perfect for our challenge at AYLI, thanks for joining in!! Sarah :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card, such a lovely shaker card !
    Thanks for joining us at TFMC.
    Hugs, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, so cute, great job. Sure like those stars. Thanks for playing our challenge at One Crazy Stamper!

    Leanne DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a gorgeous creation and thank you for joining on the Time for Magnolia challenge blog.
    Hugs Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful start to your blog! Your card is just lovely - I'm sure your friend will love it too :o) Thanks for joining our April challenge at One Crazy Stamper!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card and your distress ink technique is lovely!! Thanks for playing with us at One Crazy Stamper and good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful creation. Thanks for joining us at all about Magnolia challenge.

    Hugs Nadell

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...